Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas

Christmas is so different now... It's been different since 6th grade. I've changed and I feel different about some things. I used to be super psyched for Christmas and always got that nervous feeling in my stomach a week before. Now, I just pretty much think of it as another family gathering. This year, whenever someone asks me what I want for Christmas, I tel them I don't want anything, because this holiday is pretty much just an excuse for people to give presents. I know they don't want to get me anything, they just feel forced to, because it's not polite... I think. Same with birthdays. I don't feel any more excited than I do about other holidays. Now, I just draw on my face on special events. lol. I have so many things that I want, but I honestly would feel better if people gave me things from their hearts, like my best friend Jacque. For my birthday a few months ago, she got me the most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten. A decision maker thing. It was like $10 I'm guessing, but it was thoughtful because I always go to her for advice and stuff, so whenever I can't get ahold of her, I can just use that. Money and gift cards are unthoughtful, unplanned, last minute, and meaningless. I mean I understand, if you don't know what to get someone, but that just shows that you don't care about them enough to really spend the time sitting and thinking about what they want. I just want people to think about things like this. I want all the many people I care about to know that I actually care about. I guess that's one thing you can think about tonight when u rest that head on the pillow ;)


-PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment